Studies show that when parents and the school partner, students achieve great success. Glenbard South High School will host Parent/Teacher Conferences on October 25, 2017 from 4-8 PM and on October 26, 2017 from 2-6 PM and we hope that you will find time to come and meet with your student’s teachers. Glenbard District #87 has adopted the online appointment system known as PTC Wizard to coordinate your Parent/Teacher meetings. Below you will find detailed information on how to register for conferences using this site.
Just a quick reminder, that October 11 will be a testing day. Freshman will take the PSAT 8/9 test and Sophomores and Juniors will take the PSAT/NMSQT test. Both of the tests are part of College Board’s suite of assessments to monitor student progress. Students, parents, and counselors can use these data points to help plan course sequence for the future. In addition, these testing experiences help students to become more acquainted with this type of test so they are ready in April of their junior year when the school measurement also serves as a college admittance score. You should have received a letter home from Dr. Jeff Feucht, Assistant Superintendent for Educational Services, on how to link your scores to the Khan Academy website for free, individualized practice for future testing experiences.
Seniors are not in attendance on October 11 and are encouraged to use this day for a college visit.
If you have any questions concerning conferences or about October 11th, please contact Glenbard South at (630) 469-6500.
Assistant Principal for Instruction
To schedule conferences, parents will be able to access the PTC Wizard program by going to
http://www.glenbardsouthhs.org/. The link, "Parent/Teacher Conference Sign-up" will be located under Important Information on our home page. It will be activated at 7:00AM on October 11, 2016 and will remain open for conference registration until October 24, 2016 at 3:00 PM. If you are having difficulties with registration or if you do not have computer access, please call the school at (630) 469-6500 and ask to speak to Ms. Shelley Gan to schedule appointments, during school hours.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE PTC WIZARD PORTAL
1. You will be asked to set up an account. This is secure information. Please provide the following information:
- Your child's first and last name
- Your e-mail
- A password that you select
2. Once you have created an account, you can add additional children in the My Children tab at the top left of the screen.
3. When you have completed this step, click on Return to PTC Wizard.
4. Click on Start Wizard. Confirm your student's information is correct and click continue.
Step 1: Click on the conference date you would like to meet with teachers and click continue.
Step 2: Select the teacher you would like to meet with and click continue. Student schedules can be found using PowerSchool or you may contact Glenbard South for assistance.
Step 3: Select from the list of open time slots for each teacher. Click continue. We do not allow parents to schedule back-to-back conferences. This allows parents time to move from class to class.
* An e-mail will automatically be sent to your identified e-mail address with your scheduled appointments. If the teacher's time slots are filled and you have concerns about your child's progress, please contact the teacher directly.